Puri: In order to keep COVID-19 infections at bay, the Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) on Saturday issued a revised Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the reopening of Srimandir in Puri.
As per the revised SOP, the Shree Jagannath Temple in Puri will remain closed for public darshan on all Sundays from tomorrow (April 4) for complete sanitization of the temple premises.
A meeting was held on Saturday with all stakeholders under the Chairmanship of SJTA Chief Administrator Dr. Krishan Kumar. Detailed discussions were held on the implementation of guidelines laid down in the SOP for the reopening of Shree Jagannath Temple.
It was discussed that a number of suggestions have been received for making changes in the SOP in view of the increasing trend in a number of cases of COVID-19. The matter was also discussed in the Chhatisha Nijog meeting held on 23rd March 2021.
After detailed discussions and considering all the connected matters, it was decided to supersede the above-referenced orders to the extent provided hereunder.
- The Temple will remain open on all days of the Week except Sundays. This will be as per the schedule of Niti on different days. The public darshan of Lords will start latest by 6 AM, unless notified.
- The Temple will remain closed for public darshan on all Sundays w.e.f. dL 04.04.2021. including 04.04.2021.
- There will be complete sanitization of the Temple premises on every Sunday. Nighttime sanitization of the Temple premises will be conducted twice a week, after closure of temple for public darshan.
- There should be strict enforcement for ensuring Covid appropriate behavior by all concerned.
- The guidelines issued by State Government with respect to restrictions on persons coming from other states shall be scrupulously followed.
The SOP guidelines will be reviewed further from time to time, to facilitate the Darshan by the devotees and also for the management of COVID-19 pandemic.