Delhi: One of the eminent leaders of India, Atal Bihari Vajpayee was the former Prime Minister of India and a great statesman. Under his reign India grew leaps and bounds. A member of the Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP), he was elected to position in 1996 and 1999. He was not just a political leader but was also a great poet, orator, and the recipient of India’s highest civilian honour, Bharat Ratna. India lost a gem when Vajpayee passed away on August 16, 2018.
As India observes Atal Bihari Vajpayee Punyatithi 2022, here are his inspirational quotes:
- I dream of an India that is prosperous, strong and caring. An India, that regains a place of honor in the comity of great nations.
- You can change friends but not neighbours.
- No guns but only brotherhood can resolve the problems
- Victory and defeat are a part of life, which are to be viewed with equanimity
- Sarkarein aayengi, jayengi; partiyan banengi bigadengi Magar ye desh rehna chaiye. (Governments will come and go; political parties will be made and broken but thi nation must remain)
- Our aim may be as high as the endless sky, but we should have a resolve in our minds to walk ahead, hand-in-hand, for victory will be ours.
- Freedom is incomplete without social justice
- We are unnecessarily wasting our precious resources in wars… if we must wage war, we have to do it on unemployment, disease, poverty, and backwardness.
- If India is not secular, then India is not India at all.
- It is easy to win elections by raising slogan of “garibi hatao” but slogans do not remove poverty.