Mumbai: To further reinforce its customer-obsession and offer the best products and experience to its consumers, Reliance Jio today announced the launch of nation-wide Voice and Video over Wi-Fi service.
Jio has been testing this service over the past few months, to provide a robust experience to every customer at launch.
The key differentiators that come with Jio Wi-Fi Calling are:
- Customers can use any Wi-Fi network for Jio Wi-Fi-calling
- The voice and video calls will seamlessly switch-over between VoLTE and Wi-Fi to provide an enhanced voice/video-calling experience
- Jio Wi-Fi calling works on the largest ecosystem of handsets
- Jio customers can also make Video over Wi-Fi calls
- And all of this comes at no additional cost!
Commenting at the launch of this service, Mr. Akash Ambani, Director, Jio, said “At Jio, we are constantly innovating to enhance customer experience or solve their problems. At this juncture, when an average Jio consumer uses over 900 minutes of voice calls every month, and at a growing base of consumers, the launch of Jio Wi-Fi Calling will further enhance every Jio consumer’s voice-calling experience, which is already a benchmark for the industry with India’s-first all VoLTE network.”
- To enable Jio Wi-Fi Calling, a step-by-step guide has been made available on Jio.com/wificalling.
- Jio Wi-Fi Calling will be enabled pan-India between 7thand 16th January, 2020.