Ramlila pandal, four rooms gutted in fire in Banki


Banki: Property worth lakhs was gutted in a fire that broke out during staging of Ramlila at Paikasahi in Banki last night. However, no casualty has been reported in the incident.

According to sources, the mishap occurred last night after flames went up from a Ramlila pandal in the area. Within a few minutes, the blaze engulfed the four rooms that were adjacent to the stage.

On being informed, fire service personnel reached the spot and doused the flames. But, assets and furniture worth lakhs were burned to cinders by then.

While the exact reason behind the mishap is unknown, it is suspected that a short circuit triggered the sparks, officials said.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.