Bhubaneswar: In view of the rainfall alert for several districts in Odisha from today, the Special Relief Commissioner (SRC) has issued an advisory for all Collectors in this regard.
In the letter, the SRC asked the Collectors to take steps to circulate the rainfall warning message among the public and closely monitor the situation. They have also been asked to take necessary action in case of any eventuality.
As per the special bulletin issued by IMD today, a trough runs from induced cyclonic circulation over north Haryana to southeast Madhya Pradesh at 0.9 km above mean sea level.
Under the influence of above mentioned system thunderstorm with lightning along with light to moderate rainfall activity very likely on today, January 10 at some districts of interior Odisha, also light to moderate rainfall activity is very likely to occur at many places, during 11-14th Janueary over districts of Odisha due to
anticipated western disturbance towards eastern India and strong moisture incursion from Bay Bengal.
Day-1: Valid up to 0830 hrs of 11.01.2022 (.)
Yellow warning: Thunderstorm with lightning very likely to occur at one or two pi-aces over the districts of Nawarangpur & Nuapada, Bargarh, Jharsuguda, Sundargarh, Sambalpur and Deogarh, Angul, Keonjhar and
Day-2: Valid from 0830 hrs of 11.01.2022 to 0830 hrs of 12.01.2022 (.)
1. Yellow warning: Thunderstorm accompanied with hail is very likely to occur at one or two places over the districts of Bargarh, Jharsuguda, Sundargarh, Sambalpur, Deogarh, Sonepur, Bolangi & Boudh, Kalahandi and Angul.
Heavy rainfall is very likely to occur at one or two places over the districts of Bargarh, Sambalpur, Deogarh and Sonepur.
Day-3: Valid from 0830 hrs of 12.01.2022 To 0830 hrs of 13.01.2022 (.)
Yellow warning: Thunderstorm with lightning very likely to occur at one or two places over the districts of Balasore, Bhadrak, Jajpur, Kendrapada, Jagatsinghpur, Cuttack, Keonjhar, Mayurbhanj, Nawarangpur, Koraput and Malkangiri.
Day-4: Valid from 0830 hrs of 13.01.2022 To 0830 hrs of 14.01.2022 (.)
Yellow warning: Thunderstorm accompanied with hail and heavy rainfall likely to occur at one or two places over the districts of Kalahandi, Kandhamal, Bolangir, Nuapada, Boudh, Angul, Dhenkanal, Cuttack, Nayagarh, Keonjhar, Mayurbhanj, Balasore, Bhadrak, Jajpur and Kendrapada.
Possible impact and advisory:
1. some damages in agriculture and horticultural crops (.)
2, traffic disruption in city area at time of occurrence of intense rain spell over city area (.)
Advisory for farmers:
1. Shift the harvested paddy to safer place within January 10, 2022.
2. Postpone sowing of rabi pulses and oil seeds for a few days.
3. As maximum early sown groundnut and mustard crop are a flowering stage and the upcoming rainfall will be helpful for those crops so farmers are advised to stop irrigation activities in those crops from 10.
4. Make arrangements for covering with hailnet or plastic cover or polythene sheet for vegetables like onion, tomato, chilly cauliflower which are at seedling stage and also do proper drainage channels to drain out excess water in nursery as well as main field.
5. Matured vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage, tomato, bean, green pea, carrot, raddish may be harvested within 1oth and shift to safer place.
6. Pause intercultural activmes, fertilizer and pesticides applications as well as irrigation activities from during rainfall activity.