Sundergarh: More than a hundred people including 30 minor children were taken ill after consuming food at a marriage function at Lathupada village under Rajgangpur block in Sudergarh district on Friday.
According to sources, the guests consumed snacks and a sweet dish during the marriage at lunch hour on Friday afternoon. Soon after, the villagers complained of stomach pain and some of them started vomiting by evening.
The victims were then admitted to a hospital in Rajgangpur where they are currently undergoing treatment. A medical team is constantly monitoring the health condition of patients suffering from food poisoning.
Reportedly, Sudergarh CDMO Dilip Sarangi also reached the hospital and took stock of the situation.
It is suspected that the food was prepared with poor quality oil which resulted in food poisoning, added the sources.