Balasore: Over 100 persons were taken ill after consuming food at a marriage function at Ranibasana village under Bhogarai block in Balasore district last night.
According to sources, the guests consumed food served during marriage feast last night.
Some villagers complained of stomach pain and started vomiting soon after taking the food.
The victims were initially admitted to a hospital in Jaleswar where they are currently undergoing treatment. While 17 are undergoing treatment at Jaleswar CHC, others are being treated at a temporary health camp set up in Ranibasan village. A medical team is constantly monitoring the health condition of those who suffered from food poisoning.
Meanwhile, a special team of doctors has reached the village to take stock of the situation, sources said.