Bhubaneswar: Oriya Matrimony, the leading matchmaking service for Odias, from Bharat Matrimony, studied the demographic patterns of lakhs of registered users and found that the majority of individuals prefer searching for a life partner on their own.
The data revealed fascinating insights on Odia speaking people and their life partner preferences.
Highlights from the research report:
- The user base comprised of 29% women and 71% men with the average age of male registrants being 29 years and that of women being 26 years.
- Interestingly, in the case of women, 60% of matrimony profiles were self-created. While among men, 74% of the profiles were self-created. Only 7% of profiles were created by parents, and the rest by siblings and friends.
- 36% of the Female profiles seeking a match aged 22 – 25 years, 37% belonged to the age group 26–29 years. Among Male profiles who were seeking a match, 34% aged 25–28 years and 27% belonged to the age group 29-32.
- 7% of women and 10% of men were open to a life partner outside their own caste.
- The top cities within Odisha that witnessed the maximum number of registrations included Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Ganjam, and Baleswar. Outside of Odisha, registrations majorly came from Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, and Delhi.
- The top professions of men were Business owners/ Entrepreneurs, followed by Executives and Software Professionals; whereas, for women, most of them were into teaching/ corporate executives.
- In terms of educational qualification, Arts was the most popular stream among the registrants. This was followed by technology and professional courses.
- 27% of women and 12% of men preferred life partners whose educational qualification is a Masters degree or above.
- In tune with the mobile and internet trends, 91% of Oriya Matrimony members did their life partner search using their mobile.
Commenting on the interesting trends, Murugavel Janakiraman, Founder and CEO, Matrimony.com said, “Over the last 20 years, Oriya Matrimony has become the No. 1 choice for lakhs of Odia speaking people when it comes to finding a life partner. Lakhs of Odias have successfully found their life partner here and we continue to grow our user base amongst the vibrant Odia community in India and across the globe. Odisha is a large and priority market for us and we continue to step up our efforts to help more Odias find their life partner.”
About Matrimony.com limited
Matrimony.com is India’s leading consumer Internet Company. It is a signature consumer internet conglomerate, managing marquee brands such as Bharat Matrimony, Community Matrimony and Elite Matrimony. Bharat Matrimony is considered the largest and most trusted matrimony brand which has also established a considerable retail presence with over 145 self-owned retail outlets across India. The Company delivers matchmaking and marriage related services to users in India and the Indian diaspora.
The Company has pioneered several new business models such as Matrimony Photography, Matrimony Bazaar, Matrimony Mandaps, and Communit yMatrimony, a consortium of over 300 community matrimony websites.
For more details, visit https://www.matrimony.com