Odisha schools to reopen in November for Class IX to XII

Bhubaneswar: Schools in Odisha will reopen in November for Class IX to XII, informed School and Mass Education Minister Samir Ranjan Dash today.

The Minister said that a Standard operating procedure (SOP) is being prepared in this regard and soon will be published.

In the recent guidelines, the Odisha government had permitted reopening of schools from November 16.

The curriculum has been reduced by 30 percent and there will be no further reduction in it. A new calendar will be prepared for the remaining 70 percent curriculum.

He said that the classes will be held from Class-IX to XII, adding that online education will be provided if parents do not allow students to go to schools.

Later, the Minister said the date for reopening of schools in Odisha will be announced soon. “Schools will not open on November 16 for which the SRC will soon issue a revised guideline,” added Dash.

Only class IX to XII students will be allowed to attend school.  However, all other academic institutions will remain closed till November 30, it added.