Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Sahitya Akademi (State Academy of Letters) Awards for the years 2015 and 2016 were announced here on Friday.
For the novel category, litterateurs Nityananda Panda and Laxmipriya Acharya will receive the award for 2015 and 2016 respectively.
The announcements were made at a meeting of the executive council of the Odisha Sahitya Akademi held at the Sanskruti Bhawan here today. The meeting was chaired by Akademi’s president Harihar Mishra.
The Akademi made the announcement to award writers of books in nine different categories of Odia literature. The year-wise list of awardees for the nine different categories of Odia literature is as follows:
- Nityananda Panda for his novel ‘Gotie Jodi Gaanra Kahani’
- Pabitra Panigrahi for his short story ‘Gapara Munha’
- Binapani Panda for her poetry ‘Godhuli Geeta’
- Sanjay Hati and Nabin Kumar Parida will get the award jointly for Plays & One-Act Plays for their respective works ‘Manchamaya’ and ‘Natua O Anyanya Nataka’.
- Panchanana Mishra for Essay and Critique for his work ‘Sahitya Samalochana Tattwika O Prayogika Prasanga
- Dharanidhar Panigrahi for Biography & Travelogue for his work ‘Louhamanava Sardar Patel’
- Bijay Kumar Mohanty for Translation ‘Tathapi Kichhi Rahijiba’
- Rabindra Biswal for Children’s Literature ‘Gachhatie Geetatia’
- Manoj Mohanty for lyric poetry ‘Prati Palakare Tume’
- Laxmipriya Acharya for her novel ‘Amba’
- Devdas Chhotray for his short story ‘Ramaku Maribara Panchati Upaya’
- Bhagban Jaysingh for his poetry ‘Pheranti Ghara’
- Fakir Singh for Play & One Act Play ‘Atmalipi O Anyanya’
- Prasanna Kumar Swain for Essay and Critique ‘Alochana Prasanga’
- Surendra Kumar Maharana and Pradosh Patnaik to get jointly get the award in the category Biography and Travelogue for their respective works ‘Professor Navin Kumar Sahu’ and ‘Chalichi…Chalibi Napadibi Thaki’
- Sarada Ratha for Translation work ‘Meghabahana’
- Debendra Choudhury for Children Literature ‘Chuin Chadhei’
- Satyanarayana Mishra for lyric poetry ‘Mishra Raaga’