Bhubaneswar: Admission to Plus II courses in higher secondary schools across the state began from today. Students aspiring to take admission in Class XI at Higher Secondary Schools under the Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE) will apply online through the Students Academic Management System (SAMS) portal from August 12.
Below are key dates of the admission process.
* 12-Aug-2021 (11:00 AM): Availability of Online Common Application Form (CAF) on the website www.samsodisha.gov.in.
* 05-Sep-2021 (11:45 PM): Last date of applying online CAF through www.samsodisha.gov.in.
* 13-Sep-2021 (11:30 AM): Publication of merit list of First Selection.
* 14-Sep-2021 to 21-Sep-2021 (06:00 PM): Admission of the Students selected in First Selection.
* 27-Sep-2021 (04:00 PM): Publication of merit list of the Second Selection.
* 29-Sep-2021 to 01-Oct-2021 (05:00 PM): Admission of the Students selected in Second Selection.
* 04-Oct-2021 (02:00 PM): Publication of the Spot Selection merit list three time to the balance sheet after second merit list admission.
* 04-Oct-2021 (03:00 PM) to 05-Oct-2021 (02:00 PM): Last date for registration of students for Spot Admission in the respective Higher Secondary School.
* 05-Oct-2021 (05:00 PM): Publication of final list of Spot Admission out of the students registered at respective Higher Secondary Schools.
* 07-Oct-2021: Admission of the students selected in Spot Selection.
The State School and Mass Education Minister, Samir Ranjan Dash on Tuesday said that Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has directed the officials not to hike admission fees in view of the hardships faced by people in view of the Covid-19 pandemic.
In view of pass percentage of students in Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) Examination-2021, the State Government increased the seats in higher secondary schools by 54,900 this year.
The number of seats in Plus II courses increased by 54,900 this year. While, the seats in Arts stream have been increased by 38,000, the number is increased in Science stream by 13,000 and in Commerce stream by 3900.
The application had been made for hiking the seats by 72,000 (40,000 for Arts, 25,000 for Science and 4,000 for Commerce streams) for admission into Plus II courses this academic session.