Odisha Govt Issues Guidelines For Online Teaching Of UG, PG Students
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Government on Thursday issued guidelines for online teaching of UG and PG students in all government colleges and state universities.
Commissioner-cum-Secretary, IAS Saswat Mishra, Odisha Higher Education Department, has notified the Principals of all Degree Colleges coming under the jurisdiction of Higher Education Dept.
“In view of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Government of Odisha has instructed all Universities and Colleges to remain closed for the purpose of teaching till 31st August. This will result in loss of teaching days and may completely disrupt the Academic Calendar. Therefore, all Degree Colleges are to start online teaching as per following modalities, so that there will not be any disruption in learning during this period,” read the letter of Higher Education Dept.
According to the guidelines:-
- The Online teaching must start for students of Intermediate Semesters/Year from July 13.
- Teachers shall form WhatsApp or/and e-mail group of students, not exceeding 32 in one group.
- Teachers shall provide a soft copy of Notes/ Text Books/ Reference Books / Good PPTs/ Recommended Lectures (of self or others) to students either through WhatsApp or e-mail to study at home. Good digital study materials are also available in e-PG Pathshala (e-content), MOOCS (Massive Open Online Course), Odisha State Open University website, etc.
- Teachers shall conduct online classes with students for at least 2 to 3 hours per day for three days a week. They can use Google Meet/ Zoom/Skype or other digital platforms for such purpose. The online class must be conducted by the teachers from the college premises.
- Teachers will maintain the attendance register of students attending on¬line class and also maintain their own Lesson Plan and Progress Register.
- Each Department shall prepare the Time-Table for on-line classes and submit to the Principal who shall prepare the Master Time Table, which should be made available on the college website as well as to students through WhatsApp/e-mail.
- Principal with the assistance of Academic Bursar/two to three senior teachers shall supervise the conduct of on-line classes from time to time.
- Officers of the Higher Education Department and RDEs will make surprise visit to monitor the conduct of online classes.