Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Government today issued an advisory for holding meetings and other official engagements for containment of COVID-19 in the State.
The General Administration & Public Grievance Department of the State government has issued a notification in this regard.
As per the GA&PG dept’s order: “An exhaustive advisory has been issued on implementation of the preventive measures in Office functioning vide this Department Orders No. 13365 Dt. 08.06.2020. However, keeping in view the spread of COVID infection in the State, it is felt imperative that the meeting protocol of the Departments should be planned following norms listed below;
- Meetings with a large number of members are to be discouraged and if absolutely necessary, it may be held with not more than 10 persons (including support staff).
- Meetings involving members from outside the state are to be avoided, unless necessary. Attendance of members from other organizations apart from the Government may also be rationalized and such meetings can be conducted online.
- Efforts will be made to restrict meetings to less than 30 minutes as chances of infection increase with longer duration. Proper air circulation is to be ensured (open doors/windows) during a meeting and in between two meetings.
- Meetings may be preferably planned in open spaces or well-ventilated rooms with open windows. If possible, closed-door AC room long meetings will be avoided.
- Meetings/discussions inside an office chamber will be limited to three persons at one time.
- Officers may stagger attendance during meetings. Instead of calling all members for the entire duration of the meeting, staff can be allotted slots.
- Serving of tea/coffee during meetings will be totally avoided.
- Seating of officials during a meeting should be compliant to social distancing norms– two metres space between two persons.