Bhubaneswar: Odisha Government has constituted a High Power Committee for making a necessary recommendation regarding reservation of seats for the students of Government High Schools in Engineering and Medical courses of the State.
The move came in pursuant to the decision of the Cabinet held on 28.12.2020.
Reportedly, the committee will be head by Dr. Justice A.K. Mishra, Chairperson, Retired Judge of Odisha High Court.
Other Members of the said committee are –
- Ashok Kumar Das Former Vice Chancellor Utkal University and Former Head of the Laser and Plasma Technology Division at BARC. Vice Chairperson, Odisha State Higher Education Council (Member).
- (Dr.) C.B.K. Mohanty, Director, Medical Education and Training, Odisha (Member) .
- S. Poonia, IAS, Chairman, Council of High Secondary Education, Odisha (Member).
- Reghu, IAS, Director, Technical Education and Training, Odisha (Member).
- A.K. Nayak, OAS, Joint Secretary to Government, SD&TE Department (Member Convenor).
The proposal was passed on 28th December 2020 following which Medical and Engineering seats will be reserved for students of the State Government-run schools.
After the introduction of the National Eligibility Entrance Test it was seen that the rural students left behind in the competition as students in the urban areas could avail the special education provided in the Coaching centres. Hence, to give an equal opportunity to the students of the rural areas the resolution was made.