Bhubaneswar: Finance Minister Niranjan Pujari on Monday presented Rs 1.70 lakh crore budget for the financial year 2021-22 in the State Legislative Assembly on digital mode.
Rs 1800 crore has been allocated for Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA) in the Budget. An allocation of Rs 17,469 crore for agriculture and allied activities in the budget is also made for the sector.
The farmers’ welfare and empowerment has been prioritized in the agriculture sector.
Pujari announced Rs 85,000 crore for administrative expenses and Rs 3,050 crore for disaster mitigation. In the Budget, Rs 819 crore allotted under scheme interest subsidy/subvention to farmers. Allocation of Rs 542 crore under ABADHA scheme for the transformation of Puri.
The government has allocated Rs 200 crore for Ekamra Kshetra Amenities and Monuments Revival Action (EKAMRA) plan.
The budgetary allocation of Rs 200 crore for Samaleswari temple Area Management and Local Economic Initiative (SAMALEI) has been made in the state Budget.
An outlay of Rs 90 crore for the world-class hockey stadium at Rourkela and Rs 3500 crore allotted for converting SCB Medical College into “AIIMS Plus institute” over a period of 3 years.
The other highlights of the Budget:
- Rs 8,266 crore for Water Resources Department
- Outlay of Rs 710 crore for flood control and drainage work
- Rs 180 crore under RIDF for Jalanidhi scheme to create additional irrigation potential
- Rs 389 crore for completion of 21,000 deep bore wells
- Rs 164 for revival of 1000 defunct lift irrigation points
- Rs 77 crore under Nabakrushna Choudhury Secha Unnayana Yojana