Bhubaneswar: Odisha Government has allowed reopening of medical colleges & other institutions of teaching- nursing, pharmacy, physiotherapy & other occupational therapy, public health & other paramedical & allied medical science courses.
The state government on Wednesday issued a set of guidelines for the reopening of medical colleges & other institutions of teaching across Odisha.
Following is the SOP:
- The theory classes are to be continued online.
- The Practical/Clinical classes and examination should be taken in small groups with 50% capacity, to ensure social distancing.
- The students must submit written permission from their parents or guardians.
- The Institution shall make provision for screening of the student for COVID symptoms while entering the practical halls / clinical wards.
- It will be mandatory for all students to adhere to the COVID appropriate behavior- Use of mask in the campus, hand washing, Use of sanitizers, social distancing, avoiding crowded places.
(I) Fully Vaccinated and Unvaccinated/ incomplete vaccinated students should be segregated to different batches for clinical & Practical classes.
(II) The Institution should start a vaccination drive for students and college staffs in coordination with the local health authority.
- Incomplete vaccinated / Unvaccinated students if allowed in the hostel shall be segregated into separate blocks. They will not be allowed to the library. Separate areas must be earmarked in the dining facility for this group.
- Examination to be conducted for different batches in succession with adherence to the COVID appropriate behavior and use of more number of examination halls for theory examinations.
- The college Authority will also ensure regular screening of the Students in hostels for COVID symptoms and facilities for COVID positives / suspected cases for isolation /Quarantine.
- No academic/ social /religious/sports activity will be allowed for the students in campus
- The administrative blocks /office will remain open on all working days as per the government guidelines.
- The COVID positive students will not be allowed to sit in the examination but will appear in the next scheduled examinations (Annual/Supplementary), but this dropout will not be reflected in the chance certificates to be issued by the college authority subject to the production of the laboratory proof (Rapid Antigen / RT-PCR positive test report) of infection during the examinations drooped.