North Korea confirms test of ‘new type’ submarine-launched missile

0 7

Pyongyang: North Korea has confirmed it test-fired a new submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM), a day after South Korea reported the launch of what it said appeared to be an SLBM from North Korea’s east coast.

State media said on Wednesday a “new type” of SLBM had been launched, and released a series of photos.

The launch, near the city of Sinpo, where Pyongyang has a major shipyard building submarines, is the fifth since September and the first test of an SLBM since 2019. The North is banned from missile tests under United Nations sanctions.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

fifteen − fourteen =

Breaking