Bhubaneswar: The Centre on Thursday said that no restriction shall be imposed on the movement of Medical Oxygen between the States and transport authorities shall be instructed to accordingly allow free inter-state movement of oxygen-carrying vehicles.
The Ministry of Home Affairs, in an order, has also said that no authority shall attach the oxygen-carrying vehicles passing through the district or areas for making supplies specific to any particular districts or areas.
It has also issued some measures to ensure the uninterrupted supply of medical oxygen across the country for management of COVID-19 patients:
- No restriction shall be imposed on the movement of Medical Oxygen between the States and transport authorities shall he instructed to accordingly allow free inter-state movement of oxygen carrying vehicles;
- No restrictions shall be imposed on oxygen manufacturers and suppliers to limit the oxygen supplies only to the hospitals of the State/UT in which they are located:
- There shall be free movement of oxygen carrying vehicles into the cities, without any restriction of timings, while also enabling inter-city supply without any restriction;
- No authority shall attach the oxygen carrying vehicles passing through the district or areas for making supplies specific to any particular district(s) or area;
- Supply of oxygen for industrial purposes, except those exempted by the Government, is prohibited w.e.f. 22nd April, 2021 and till further orders;
- States/UTs shall strictly abide by the supply plan of medical oxygen prepared by EG-II and as revised from time-to-time:
- The District Magistrate/Deputy Commissioners and Senior Superintendents of Police / Superintendents of Police /Deputy Commissioners of Police will be personally liable for the implementation of the above directions.