New Delhi: Navratri is here and fasting is an important part of it. Here we have come up with a delicious pulao recipe that you can try this Navaratri.
- Sama ke chawal/ barnyard millet – 250 gms
- Sliced ginger – 1 tbsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Diced carrots – ½ cup
- Cashew and kismish -2tbsp
- Sendha namak/rock salt – to taste
- Green cardamom pods – 4-5
- Chopped coriander leaves – for garnish
– In a hot pan, add ghee, green cardamom & nuts.
– Then add the sliced ginger to it. Sauté till fragrant and then follow it up with carrots.
– Once the carrots are partially cooked, add the washed Sama ke chawal.
– Season with sendha namak & give a good toss. – Add water and allow the same to cook.
– Once done, garnish with freshly chopped coriander & serve hot.