New Delhi: The Ministry Of Home Affairs (MHA) has issued National Directives for COVID-19 Management and Penalties for violation of Lockdown measures.
National Directives for COVID-19 Management:
- Face coverings: Wearing of face cover is compulsory in public places; in workplaces; and during transport.
- Social distancing: Individuals must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet (2 gaz ki doori) in public places. Shops will ensure physical distancing among customers and will not allow more than 5 persons at one time.
- Gatherings: Large public gatherings/ congregations continue to remain prohibited. Marriage related gatherings: Number of guests not to exceed 50. Funeral/ last rites related gatherings: Number of persons not to exceed 20.
- Spitting in public places will be punishable with fine, as may be prescribed by the State/ UT local authority in accordance with its laws, rules, or regulations.
- Consumption of liquor, paan, gutka, tobacco, etc. in public places is prohibited.
Additional directives for Work Places
- Work from home (WFH): As far as possible the practice of WFH should be followed.
- Staggering of work/ business hours will be followed in offices, workplaces, shops, markets, and industrial & commercial establishments.
- Screening & hygiene: Provision for thermal scanning, hand wash, and sanitizer will be made at all entry and exit points and common areas.
- Frequent sanitization of the entire workplace, common facilities, and all points which come into human contact e.g. door handles, etc., will be ensured, including between shifts.
- Social distancing: All persons in charge of workplaces will ensure the adequate distance between workers, adequate gaps between shifts, staggering the lunch breaks of staff, etc.