Man succumbs after left unattended for 1 hr upon arrival at Jharsuguda DHH


Jharsuguda: In a shocking incident of utter negligence in providing healthcare services, a man succumbed to death after left unattended for nearly an hour after reaching the Jharsuguda district headquarters hospital today.

The deceased has been identified as Khetramani Kisan (30), a resident of Jalibahal village under Laikera block in this district. Sources said Kisan was mentally unstable and consumed pesticides today morning following which he turned critical and was initially rushed to Mundrajora PHC and later shifted to the DHH.

However, on reaching the DHH, no doctors and none from the hospital staff came to attend the critical patient. It took nearly 30 minutes just to arrange a stretcher to place the patient, sources added.

When asked, the deceased man’s brother said, “Even though enough staff was present at the hospital, no direction or help was tendered to shift Khetramani to a concerned ward for treatment. We somehow managed to take him upstairs through the elevator but we were not aware where to take my ailing brother so that a doctor could attend him or preliminary treatment be provided to save his life. No one was there for us to give instructions. During his rush, Khetramani succumbed.”

He further alleged that while his brother was alive and there was still some hope to save his life, no doctors came to attend him. The hospital staff also were less bothered to arrange treatment and in the delayed process his brother passed away.

However, the matter did not end here. After the critical patient died, a group of nurses came there and started injecting saline in the deceased man’s body.

In a video, the deceased man’s brother could be seen asking the nurses why they were administering saline to the dead. Surprisingly, in the video, no doctors could be seen except a few other hospital staff.

This incident raises a serious concern of the healthcare facility in the government-run hospital and the lackadaisical attitude of the doctors in the DHH, who did not make it up to the critical patient even after an hour of arrival.

In the latest development in this regard, local police have reached the hospital and the post-mortem will be conducted soon. The cops have also initiated a probe into the incident.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.