Man, grandson hurt as lantern explodes

76

Dhenkanal: An elderly man along with his grandson was injured after a lantern exploded in Dighi village under Kamakhyanagar police limits in Dhenkanal last night.

The injured have been identified as Fakir Maharana (65) and Srinibas Maharana (8).

According to sources, the incident took place last night while the duo was pouring kerosene in the lantern during a power cut in the area.

Following the mishap, the duo suffered critical burn injuries and was rushed to Dhenkanal District Headquarters Hospital (DHH).

While they are currently undergoing treatment at the hospital, their health condition is stated to be stable, sources said.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.