Make Some Flavour-Packed Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
Bhubaneswar: Garlic and butter, when combined with a glorious shrimp skillet is a delight to one’s palate. With the best flavour combination and ready in under 30 minutes, Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp is easy to throw together a meal that can be served over anything.
- 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon)
- 1 3/4 pounds (800 g) shrimp (or prawns), peeled and deveined, tails intact
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Juice of half a lemon (about 2 tablespoons — add more if desired)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Melt 2 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Fry shrimp and add salt and pepper, to your taste. Cook 2 minutes on one side, while stirring occasionally. Flip and cook 2 minutes on the other side until JUST beginning to turn pink.
- Add in the remaining butter, lemon juice and water. Cook, while stirring, until the butter melts and the shrimp have cooked through (do not over cook them). Take off heat. Taste test, and add more lemon juice, salt or pepper, if needed to suit your tastes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve over rice or pasta.