Make Restaurant-Style Paneer Lababdar At Home
New Delhi: Paneer Lababdar is an easy-to-prepare, restaurant-style curry of paneer (cottage cheese cubes) in a creamy, mildly tangy and faintly sweet gravy.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tomato (cube)
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 pods cardamom
- 4 cloves
- 15 cashew / kaju
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 chilli (slit)
- 1 tsp kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder/jeera powder
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 15 cubes paneer/cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp paneer/cottage cheese (grated)
- 2 tbsp cream/malai
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- Firstly, heat 2 tsp butter and 2 tsp oil.
- Saute 1 bay leaf, 1-inch cinnamon, 1 chilli and 1 tsp kasuri methi until it turns aromatic.
- Further, add 1 onion and saute well until the onions turn golden brown.
- Keeping the flame on low add ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp coriander powder and ½ tsp cumin powder.
- Add in prepared tomato puree and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until the oil is released from the masala paste.
- Add 1 cup water, ¼ tsp salt and mix well.
- Furthermore, add 15 cubes of paneer and 2 tbsp grated paneer. mix and cook well.
- Turn off the flame and add 2 tbsp of cream. mix until the cream is combined well.
- Additionally, add ¼ tsp garam masala and 2 tbsp coriander. mix well.
- Finally, enjoy paneer lababdar with roti/chapati.
Comments are closed.