New Delhi: Sitaphal Basundi is a delicious twist to the classic basundi recipe. Thickened and mildly sweetened milk is flavored with a ripe custard apple.
- 1 big Custard apple/ Sitaphal(deseeded)
- 1 litre milk/ doodh
- ¼ cup condensed milk
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder/ elaichi powder
- pinch of salt/ namak (optional)
- for garnish:
- sliced almonds/ badam
- chopped pistachios/ pista
- Deseed the Custard apple. Set aside. In a wide skillet/pan add milk. Simmer and reduce until half of its quantity.
- Add condensed milk. Stir and simmer for 2 minutes. Then add the custard apple pulp, cardamom powder and a pinch of salt.
- Give it all a good mix and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and serve warm or chilled.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and pistachios. Enjoy!