New Delhi: Bread malai roll is an Indian sweet where white bread slices are stuffed with a rich and flavorful stuffing and then dunked in thin reduced milk. The bread soaks up all the flavor and becomes super delicious. Here is how to make it.
for Mawa paste:
- 1 tsp butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp cream / malai
- ½ cup milk powder
- for malai milk (rabdi):
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup cream / malai
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 4 slice bread
- 5 cashew (chopped)
- 5 almonds (chopped)
- 2 tbsp saffron milk
- 4 cherry
Mawa paste preparation:
- Firstly, in a Tawa heat 1 tsp butter with ¼ cup milk and 2 tbsp cream.
- Stir and combine well.
- Now add ½ cup milk powder and stir well.
- Break lumps making sure the mixture is a smooth consistency.
- Mawa paste thickens and turns creamy. keep aside.
Malai milk preparation:
- Firstly, in a large Kadai heat 1 cup milk and ½ cup cream.
- Stir well and boil for 2-3 minutes or until milk thickens.
- Now add ¼ cup sugar and stir well until sugar dissolves.
- Add ¼ tsp cardamom powder and mix well. malai milk is ready.
Bread malai roll preparation:
- Firstly, take a bread slice and roll thin trimming off the edges.
- Spread a tbsp of mawa paste uniformly.
- Top with 1 tbsp of nuts (cashew & almonds).
- Cut into half and roll tight.
- Place the rolled malai bread in a deep serving plate.
- Pour in prepared malai milk slowly.
- Decorate with saffron milk and top with a cherry.
- Finally, refrigerate for 30 minutes and the bread malai roll is ready to be served.