New Delhi: Makara Chaula is one of the traditional dishes of Odisha which is served on the occasion of Makara Sankranti. This festival celebrates the harvest and the end of winter. Let us give it a try, how to make this Delicious sweet.
- 1/2 cup Raw rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated coconut
- 1/3 cup small sugarcane pieces
- 1-2 ripe banana
- sugar to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese (Chenna)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped fruits of your choice
- Soak the rice overnight. Wash and drain. Spread on a plate and allow to dry at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
- Grind into a coarse powder and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the banana and mix well.
- Peel and crush the banana. Add to the mixing bowl and mix it.
- Consume within a day if kept outside the refrigerator. Can be refrigerated for 2-3 days.