Bhubaneswar: Team building and operating through the team has been the key to success for Asit Tripathy, who is going to retire as the Chief Secretary of the state this month-end.
During his tenure of about 16 months, Tripathy brought many laurels for the State in different fields. He led the state administration in fighting the unprecedented Covid pandemic, mitigated the heavy cyclone, managed the unheard-of devoteeless Rath Yatra of Lord Shree Jagannath and reset the Covid- shocked economy on a faster rate of recovery only through this team operation
“Scientific evidence, teamwork and timely action has helped in all situations” says Tripathy.
Though around nine months of his tenure was devoted towards fighting the unprecedented pandemic of covid-19, Tripathy could successfully lead the state administration on the path of fast recovery towards normalcy.
Some of the major accomplishments of the State during his tenure include the following:
- Because of the appropriate guidelines and SOPs formed and implemented under the Team Leadership of Tripathy, Odisha has got NITI Ayog Appreciation for Covid Management.
- The State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA) mechanism under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary has been made more proactive and industry-friendly. Odisha has become a lead State in attracting investment leaving behind other states like MP, Telangana and Gujrat. During his tenure, 49 investment projects of worth Rs.237, 146.92 crores with an employment potential of 62,031 have been mobilized and project proposals approved. Beating the devastating economic shock of Covid-19, the State could attract new investments of over Rs.1 lakh crore during the pandemic period.
- The implementation of the investment and infrastructure laying projects have made countable progress because of constant review and follow up through State Monitoring Group ( SPMG) and Central Monitoring Group ( CPMG) under his chairmanship.
- Export promotion infrastructure with facilitating normative framework has been developed in the state. The presence of export infra has been enhanced to the national mark.
- Because of the proactive promotional and facilitating activities in small and medium scale industries under his chairmanship, Odisha has bagged National Gold Award in MS&ME sector.
- A world-class Eco Retreat Carnival, first of its kind in Eastern India, was organized successfully along with Puri- Konark marine drives more than 70 per cent occupancy. This opened the gate for the organization of many such Eco Retreat camps in different parts of the State.
- Around 870 meters of Puri Sea beach from Digabareni square to backside of Hotel Mayfair has been developed to a world-class sea beach with ‘Blue Flag Award’ accorded by Foundation for Environment Education (FEE), Denmark.
- Because of the close review and monitoring of Tripathy around 38 major projects of worth Rs 14,330 crore in 7 priority sectors like drinking water, education, health, livelihood promotion, rural connectivity, environment protection, pollution control, water conservation and groundwater recharge have been put on the fast track at ground level with funds from OMBADC.
- The PPP Cell has been rejuvenated under my chairmanship and the cell has been brought under the direct supervision of the Finance department for better financial integration and tracking.
- Under his Chairmanship, the financial management in Odisha has got World Bank appreciation in the current years.
- Because of the team spirit created by Tripathy among different stake holders involved in the mining sector, Odisha has in topped mineral production and royalty collection during 2019-20. The royalty collection has grown up to Rs.7,581 crore.
- Because of the proactive and facilitating activities of State Innovation Council under the Chairmanship of Sri Tripathy, Odisha has become Startup Leader in National Level for 2019 recognized by Govt of India.
- Odisha has bagged Best Marine State Award in the year 2020.
- Odisha has topped in Urban Governance in a lead NGO survey of 44 major cities in India.
- Odisha has taken a big leap in Food safety ranking from 26th position in 2018-19 to 13th position in 2019-20. Revenue generation from food safety initiatives has also increased by 82 per cent.
Last but not least, the State has been lauded for effective tacking the Left-wing Extremism and high standards of law and order situation in the State. No less than General Bipin Rawat, Chief of the Defense Staff has lauded the state for such efforts on December, 27.