Bhubaneswar: The Lord Lingaraj Temple Administration is gearing up to celebrate the auspicious Mahashivratri on February 4.
The administration has put up elaborate arrangements for the smooth conduct of the rituals and hassle-free darshan of the Lord during the Mahashivratri celebration. Zigzag barricade will be made in front of the temple office as well as the north and south gates of the temple.
Similarly, the barricade will be made by the ASI from lion’s gate to Aruna Stambha (sun pole) and around the temple premises. The cleaning work will be carried out in presence of 40 ASI officials, informed the ASI.
The puja scheduled by the Temple administration are as follows:
- Mangala Aarati- 3 am to 3.30 am
- Sahanamila darshan/ first phase darshan- 3.30 to 10.30
- Rosa homa- 6.30 am
- Chhamu Pariskara- 10.30 to 11.30
- Mahasnnana and Vesha- 11.30 to 12.15 pm
- Sakala Dhupa ritual- 2 pm
- Bhoga Mandap ritual- 2.45 pm to 3.45 pm
- Tera Phita ritual- 7.30 pm
- Sandhya Dhupa and Tirtha Jala Anayana rituals- From 8.55 pm and 10 pm.
- The ‘Mahadeepa’- 10 pm
- The Harihar Bheta ritual- 3.30 am and 4.30 am on Tuesday
- Third phase darshan- 10 pm to 11 pm
- Following this, Badasinhara Vesha will be held After which the ‘Pahada’ ritual (Closing ritual) will be held.