Kerala: Suspected food poisoning kills teenager, several others hospitalised

250

Kasargod, Kerala: A 16-year-old girl died and 18 others were hospitalised on Sunday due to suspected food poisoning after they ate Shawarma at an eatery in Kerala’s Kasargod.

Devananda, a resident of Karivallor near Kasargod, died at the Kanhangad district hospital, while undergoing treatment, police said.

A case has been registered against the shop, which has been sealed following investigations.

District Medical Officer AV Ramdas said 18 students have been admitted to the district hospital after they fell sick, but none of them are in a serious condition.

Meanwhile, Minister MV Govindan visited the students undergoing treatment at the hospital and said the government will ensure that quality food is served in hotels across the state.

Comments are closed.

Breaking