India U-17 Women’s team leaves for exposure tour to Spain
NEW DELHI: The India U-17 Women’s team has travelled to Spain to play some international friendly matches next week.
These friendlies have been planned as part of the team’s preparation for the upcoming FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup, which is scheduled to take place in India from October 11. The Young Tigresses have been camping in Bhubaneswar with the support of the Government of Odisha.
“The 23-member squad along with the support staff travelled from Bhubaneswar to Spain yesterday night. The details of the upcoming matches will be confirmed soon,” the AIFF said in a press note.
The 23-member Squad are as follows:
- Goalkeepers: Melody Chanu Keisham, Monalisha Devi Moirangthem, Anjali Munda
- Defenders: Astam Oraon, Gladys Zonunsangi, Kajal, Naketa, Purnima Kumari, Varshika, Shilky Devi Hemam, Nikita Jude
- Midfielders: Babina Devi Lisham, Nitu Linda, Shailja, Shubhangi Singh
- Forwards: Anita Kumari, Lynda Kom Serto, Neha, Rejiya Devi Laishram, Shelia Devi Loktongbam, Kajol Hubert Dsouza, Lavanya Upadhyay, Sudha Ankita Tirkey,
- Head Coach: Thomas Dennerby