Houses of three families gutted in Kendrapara
Kendrapara: Houses of three families were gutted in a major fire that broke out at Janara village in Mahakalpada of Kendrapara district last night.
Though no loss of life has been reported, furniture and other household assets were reduced to cinders.
According to sources, the fire broke out at a house and later it engulfed to other neighbouring rooms belonging to two other families.
After receiving information about the mishap, fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames.
While the actual reason behind the mishap is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that a short-circuit might have triggered the fire.