Honda 2Wheelers India domestic sales up by double digit 11% in Nov’20
Gurugram: Boosted by festival buying and positivity in market, Honda closed November 2020 with positive YoY growth momentum for the 4th month on month.
With increased retail off-take during festival season, Honda’s domestic sales grew 11% to 412,641 units in November’20 compared to 373,283 units a year ago.
With exports of 20,565 units, Honda’s total sales in November closed at 433,206 units, which is,9% up over 396,399 units in Nov’19.
Elaborating on the mood of the market, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director – Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “If the second quarter was about stabilizing the automotive ecosystem, the third quarter is a bit about recovery. Backed by festive sentiments, Honda’s retails crossed the 1 million units mark yet again in the two crucial festival months (October & November). With more of our exclusive Big Wing network opening, we are seeing increased bookings and delivery momentum for H’ness CB 350. Celebrations are on at Honda post festival as well. For the young trendsetters, are the new Repsol Honda race editions of Hornet 2.0 and Dio. Bringing more cheer for the complete family, is the special 20th Anniversary Edition of the legendary Activa.”
Key highlights in November 2020
- 3 exclusive Limited Editions bring new excitement in market:
Celebrates 800 Grand Prix wins with Repsol HondaRace Editions of Hornet 2.0 &Dio: Inspired by the iconic racing design cues of Honda Repsol team’s MotoGP bike RC 213V, the Repsol Honda limited editions of Hornet 2.0 and Dio stand out with their race graphics, design theme and the distinctive vibrant orange wheel rims to excite true racing fans of India!
Specially curated 20th Year Anniversary edition of Activa 6G: Celebrating 20 years of love, Honda introduced the special 20th Anniversary edition of Activa 6G. Starting from 2 new colours – brand new Matte Mature Brown (the first-ever introduction on any Honda scooter) and Pearl NightstarBlack to the distinctive gold embossed logos and more distinctive design cues, Activa 6G – 20th-anniversary edition is as precious as gold!
- Milestone of CB350 H’ness: After roaring into the mid-size motorcycle segment with its global debut – the majestic CB 350 H’ness, Honda announced that deliveries crossed the 1000 units mark in just 20 days.
- Expands Big Wing its exclusive premium big bike network– During November, Honda inaugurated 6 new Honda Big Wings across India. The 2 new marquee ‘BigWingTopline’ in Bengaluru & Mumbai, in addition to the existing Gurugram outlet house Honda’s complete premium range from 300cc – 1800cc. Further, the 4 new BigWing’s in Bareilly, Bhillai, Saharanpur and Jabalpur now delight mid-size motorcycle fans of Honda in regions as well.
- New partnership for Engine oil with Repsol Lubricants– HMSI announced a strategic alliance with Repsol Lubricants to make ‘Honda Repsol MOTO BIKER & MOTO SCOOTER’ Engine Oil in India.
- Road safety focus: Under its unique nation-wide initiative ‘Little Road Officers’, Honda sensitized over 6,100 students of 50 plus schools across 17 cities on Children’s Day.
- Racing DNA: Honda Repsol Team riders Alex Marquez and Stefan Bradl wrapped up the 2020 MotoGP season with double points haul finishing 14th and 19th respectively.