Bhubaneswar: The festive season has already begun in India. Though the coronavirus crisis has pushed all the fun plans to the back-seat, one can have fun even in the safe environment of one’s home.
Here are 5 sweets that you must savour during this festival:
- Ukadiche modak or steamed modak – ukadiche modak is one of the most popular modak recipe made during Ganesh Chaturthi festival in maharashtra. This is a Maharashtrian modak recipe made from rice flour. It’s also called as ukadiche modak where the modaks are steamed.
- Coconut ladoo – These coconut ladoos are made with desiccated coconut. Just a three ingredient recipe and one which does not take a lot of time to make. These are melt in the mouth ladoos. So do try this coconut ladoo recipe for Ganesh Chaturthi or for any festival.
- Karanji – crisp flaky fried pastry stuffed with desiccated coconut and dry fruits.
- Besan ladoo – these are one of the most popular ladoos made in India. Basically these are sweetened roasted chickpea flour balls spiced with cardamom and nutmeg. Besan ladoos are delicious and made during all festive occasions in India.
- Gajar halwa – a classic Indian dessert that goes for any celebrative occasion or season. Its an evergreen Indian dessert and one of the most popular halwa made in India.