New Delhi: Global Day of Parents is celebrated on June 1, annually. To highlight the sacrifices and affection of parents towards children, the UN General Assembly declared Global Day of Parents on June 1 since 2012.
Global Day of Parents also recognises that the family has the primary responsibility for the nurturing and protection of children.
The main aim of the celebration is the same and that is to give appreciation, love, care, and respect their parents. This is the day to provide gestures to your parents for the sacrifices, nurturing, care, and emotional strength provided by them.
“Appreciate all parents throughout the world” is the theme of global parents day 2020.
Ways to celebrate Global Day of Parents amid the coronavirus lockdown:
- Express Gratitude: Send a text message or call them and make their day special
- Make Gifts: Make a family frame, do handicraft, and refer to other DIY ideas instead of visiting to stores.
- Watch a movie: Spend quality time with your parents by watching their favourite movies, rom-coms and sit-coms with them.
Messages To Send Them:
- I was born lucky because I was born to the most adorable parents in the world. Thanks for making my world so beautiful. Happy Global Day of Parents.
- The biggest blessing for a child is his parents. I feel lucky all the time for having such amazing parents like you! Happy parents’ day.
- A day in a year is not enough to be thankful for the sacrifices our parents make 365 days a year. Happy Parents’ Day!
- The most beautiful thing in this world is to see your parents smiling and knowing that you are the reason behind their smile. Happy Parents’ Day
- Mom and Dad, Thank you for the greatest gift of all, unconditional love. Happy Parents’ Day.