Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government has decided to allocate Rs 10,000 to each Gaon Kalyan Samitis (GKSs) for undertaking COVID and non-covid essential healthcare services at the village level with active involvement of the community.
The Additional Chief Secretary (Health) PK Mohapatra today informed the District Collectors, Municipal Commissioners, CMD & PHOs-cum-District Mission Directors that each GKS would get up to a maximum of Rs. 20,000 for the year 2021-22 under the NHM PIP and the CMRF for undertaking COVID management activities.
The Health ACS further directed the officials concerned to ensure effective implementation and monitoring of all the activities.
“For effective utilization of funds and collection of SoE/UC, funds may be released in 4 installments Rs. 5,000/- each based on utilization of funds by respective GKS. The first two tranches of funds may be released out of NHM PIP and after receipt of Statement of Expenditure (SoE), funds out of CMRF shall be released in the next two tranches,” the Health ACS stated.
Following are the suggested activities to be taken up by Gaon Kalyan Samitis:
- Conduct GKS meeting to finalize three months special action plan for management of COVID, utilizing GKS untied funds.
- Form sub-committees of GKS i.e. committee for. awareness generation, pressure group for strict implementation of COVID appropriate behavior at village level, support group for vaccination/testing & general development etc., in order to support ASHA & GKS.
- Conduct periodic sanitation drive involving villagers.
- Sanitization of household with Covid positive case.
- Undertake periodic general awareness drive utilizing local specific media.
- Support individuals For vaccination & testing of symptomatic cases for COVID
- Arrange vehicles for Referral of patients requiring medical attention at facility level.
- Taking strict action against COVID protocol defaulters as decided by GKS.
- Demonstration of hand washing and right use of mask at strategic locations of the villages
- Procure necessary items as per action plan following transparent policy
- Provide support to field functionaries in undertaking community intervention for Covid and non-Covid essential healthcare services