Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Government on Saturday deputed senior engineers in different districts to supervise the overall flood situation in the state.
As per an order issued by the Office of the Engineer-in-Chief, Water Resources Department, six engineers have been deputed to the districts of Puri, Jagatsinghpur, Cuttack, Kendrapara, Jajpur, Bhadrak, Khordha and Nayagarh.
- Chinmoy Ranjan Rout, Chief Engineer, Minor Irrigation – Puri
- Bijay Kumar Samal, Chief Engineer Rengali Right Irrigation Project – Jagatsinghpur
- Baleswar Nath Sahoo, Chief Engineer Drainage – Cuttack
- Purna Chandra Rath Additional Chief Engineer Eastern Circle Cuttack — Kendrapada
- Dhaneswar Samal, Additional Chief Engineer Eastern Circle II Chandikhol– Jajpur and Bhadrak
- Bighnaraj Purohit, Additional Chief Engineer Central Irrigation Circle Bhubaneswar- Khordha and Nayagarh
As per the order, the concerned officers will move to the concerned districts by the afternoon of 14th August. Also, they will visit weak and vulnerable points, supervise embankments and coordinate with the field level officers as well as district administration during the passage of flood.