Balasore: A massive fire razed a plastic factory near Kanheibindha village in Soro area of Balasore district last night. However, no loss of life was reported.
According to sources, the mishap took place late last night when workers of the unit and locals spotted smoke billowing out of the factory.
On intimation, fire tenders rushed to the spot and doused the flames after hours of ordeal. But by then property worth lakhs were gutted in the blaze.
Though the exact reason behind the fire is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that a short circuit might have triggered the inferno, officials said.