Fire engulfs Sambalpur’s Gol Bazar, 100 shops burnt to ashes


Sambalpur: Over 100 shops were gutted in a fire outbreak at Gol Bazar in Sambalpur district in the wee hours today due to a suspected short circuit.

As per the reports, around ten fire fighting reams managed to douse the blaze after three hours of restless conflict.

No casualties have been reported in the incident. Though exact reason of the fire mishap has not yet been ascertained, but it is suspected that electric short circuit might have caused the blaze.

After getting informed, Sambalpur MLA Raseswari Panigrahi, Collector and SP rushed to the spot and mobilized the fire brigade teams.

Assuring the shop owners, Panigrahi said, “The district administration will assess the losses. We will try to compensate to the shop owners from Chief Minister’s relief fund”.

Besides, the Collector has ordered a probe into the incident to ascertain the cause of mishap.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.