Cuttack: Panic gripped patients and attendants at the SCB Medical College and Hospital here after a fire broke out in the main OT of the surgery department of the hospital today.
However, no casualty or injury has been reported in the mishap.
According to sources, smoke filled the main OT of the surgery department ward following which patients were immediately evacuated out of the unit.
On being informed, fire brigade officials rushed to the spot and managed to douse the flames. The main OT has been closed following the incident, sources said.
Though the exact reason behind the mishap is yet to be ascertained, hospital authorities suspect that the fire broke out due to an electrical short circuit, sources said.