Fire breaks out in hotel in Keonjhar; no casualty


Keonjhar: Properties worth lakhs was gutted in a massive fire that broke out in a hotel near Telephone Chhak under Keonjhar Town police limits early on Friday morning.

However, no casualties have been reported in the incident.

According to sources, the mishap occurred in the hotel, owned by one Satyananda Sahu, this morning.  Locals spotted smoke emanating from the hotel and alerted the fire department about the same.

The fire service personnel reached the spot and doused the flames, sources said.

Though the actual reason behind the mishap is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that the fire might have been triggered by a short circuit, the fire personnel said.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.