Fire breaks out at marble showroom in Nabarangpur, property worth lakhs gutted

20

Nabarangpur: Property worth lakhs was gutted in a fire that broke out at a marble showroom near the Nabarangpur women’s college in the district on the wee hours of Saturday.

However, no loss of life has been reported in the incident.

According to sources, the fire broke out in the wee hours while the locals spotted smoke billowing from the showroom early on today morning.

On being informed, fire service personnel reached the spot and doused the flames. However, assets and property worth over Rs 10 lakh was burned to cinders in the blaze.

While the exact reason behind the mishap is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that the 11 KV live wires running in front of the showroom might have triggered the sparks, officials said.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.