Bhubaneswar: The Commissionerate Police on Thursday issued a traffic advisory for the FIH Hockey Olympics Qualifiers, Odisha-2019, which is scheduled to be held at Kalinga Hockey Stadium, Bhubaneswar on November 1 and 2.
In view of the above event, huge number of vehicles are likely to ply on the roads connecting to the Stadium, especially on the Bidyut Marg from Rajbhawan Chowk to Nalco Chowk.
Bhubaneswar – Cuttack Police Commissionerate (Traffic and Public Order) notified that the following traffic diversion shall be undertaken from 3.30 PM to 9 PM on November 1 and 2:
- No vehicular traffic will be allowed on Bidyut Marg between Shastri Nagar and Jayadev Vihar Chhak. Vehicular traffic coming from 120 Battalion Crossing will be diverted at Shastri Nagar Chhak towards Sachivalaya Marg.
- Vehicular traffic taking the service road from Vani Vihar will be diverted to the NH through the passage between Acharya Vihar and Jayadev Vihar.
- Vehicular traffic coming from Kalinga Hospital will be diverted towards Acharya Vihar at Jayadev Vihar Chhak.
- The advisory further stated that spectators need to take Gate No. 3 to enter the stadium. They can park their vehicles at Parking One near sliding Gate-E. Those coming from AG Colony side can the Foot Overbridge to reach the stadium.
- The spectators coming from A.6. Colony side shall use the Foot Over Bridge for their commutation to the Stadium.
- After the conclusion of the match, they shall use the Foot Over Bridge for return.