Farmer electrocuted to death in Jajpur village


Jajpur: A farmer was electrocuted to death after he came in contact with a live electric wire in a farmland at Rehmanpur village in Jajpur district on Friday.

The deceased was identified as Rabi Mallik of the same village.

According to sources, the man suffered severe shock after he accidentally came in contact with a low-lying 11 KV electric wire in the farmland.

Other farmers, present at the location, rushed him to the nearby Byasnagar hospital where the doctors declared him dead upon arrival.

Following the incident, tension erupted in the area as locals alleged negligence of the electricity department.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.