Farmer Electrocuted After Stumbling Over Trap For Wild Boars 

0 16

Balipatna: In a tragic incident, a farmer was electrocuted after stumbling on an electric trap kept for wild boars at banks of Prachi River near Odaspur college under Balipatna police station limits on Thursday.

The deceased has been identified as Kailash Behera of Maujapur under Olatpur police station limits.

According to available information, one Tutu Mohanty had laid a trap for wild animals in order to save his farmland from them.

As per reports, the incident took place while Kailash was going to his farmland through Tutu’s field when he accidentally came in contact with the live wire and died of electrocution.

Later, Tutu spotted the lifeless body of Kailash in his farmland and alerted the villagers about the same.

On receiving information, police reached the spot and recovered the body for post mortem. Further investigation is underway in this regard.

It is presumed that the villagers may stage NH blockade against the owners regarding the illegal electrical wire installation in farmland.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

two × four =

Breaking