New Delhi: Burnt Garlic Chicken Fried Rice is a very delicious dish with a slightly bitter and nutty flavour. It is made with Chinese spices and soya sauce. Let’s check out the ingredients that we need for the recipe.
- 200 grams Boneless chicken
- 12 cloves Garlic
- 2-1/2 cup Cooked rice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil , as required
- 1/2 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns, crushed
- 3 Green Chillies , sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Vinegar
- For the Burnt Garlic
- 9 cloves Garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to make Burnt Garlic Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- To begin making the Burnt Garlic Chicken Fried Rice, heat oil in a wok/kadhai on medium heat and add chopped garlic to it. Sauté for 1 minute, we don’t need to brown it.
- Next, add onions and sauté till they are translucent. this will take about 2 minutes.
- Once the onion-garlic mixture is sauteed, add the chopped chicken pieces. I like to chop them into thin strips.
- Saute it till tender. Do not overcook the chicken.
- Now that the chicken is cooked add the salt, green chillies, pepper powder, soya sauce, vinegar, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Finally, add the cooked rice to it and mix well, taking care not to break the Chicken Fried Rice. A little old rice ideally works best for fried rice. Turn off the flame.
- In a small pan, heat the olive oil and add the sliced garlic. Fry till they turn deep brown in color. Pour half the burnt garlic into the rice and mix well. Check the salt and spices of the Burnt Garlic Chicken Fried Rice Recipe and adjust to suit your taste.
- Just before serving the Burnt Garlic Chicken Fried Rice, garnish with the rest of burnt garlic.
- Serve Burnt Garlic Chicken Fried Rice along with Indo Chinese Chicken Hakka Noodles Recipe and Indo Chinese Mixed Vegetable Recipe In Szechuan sauce and Chicken Manchurian Recipe (Gravy) for a complete Indo Chinese meal.