Elderly Couple Killed After Church Gutted In Fire In Meghalaya
Guwahati: An elderly couple was killed when a church, which is more than a century old, was gutted in a fire early on Sunday in Shillong.
As per reports, the fire at the Church of God, which was set up in 1902 in Qualapatty locality, is believed to have started from a spark in its electrical wiring as the building was undergoing large-scale repair work.
On being informed police reached the spot and asked residents to come out of their houses. The old couple went back inside without anyone noticing and got trapped in the smoke.
By the time fire tenders reached the spot the entire building was razed by then, added sources.