Eight Students Fall Ill After Consuming Hostel Food In Balasore

Balasore: As many as eight students fell ill after consuming food at a private aided college hostel in Nilagiri area of Balasore district.

According to reports, several inmates of Sai Ganesh at Nilgirli complained of nausea, vomiting and stomach pain after having dinner late last night.

Following this, the affected students have been admitted to Nilgiris Hospital and are being treated.

Though the actual reason behind the incident is yet to be ascertained, it is alleged that the expiration of the soybean packet, which was purchased by the hostel for cooking, expired on December 5, 2013. It is believed that those expired products were used in the dinner.

On the other hand, the hostel owner gave heat weather to be the reason behind the incident.

Further investigation is underway in this regard.

Comments are closed.

Breaking News