Easy To Make Recipe For Sooji Gulab Jamun
New Delhi: Sooji Gulab Jamun is the best alternative method of making this sweet recipe. It’s one of the favorite sweet recipes of children during festival season.
Follow these simple tips to make delicious sooji gulab jamuns
FOR SUGAR SYRUP
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 cup water
- ¼ tsp saffron / Kesar
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1 cup suji / Rava / semolina, fine
- 1 tsp ghee / clarified butter
- 3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- oil or ghee for frying
- In a large kadhai heat 1 tsp ghee and add 3 cups of milk.
- Also, add 2 tbsp milk powder and 2 tbsp sugar.
- Stir well and get the milk to a boil.
- Further keeping the flame on low, add 1 cup roasted rava stirring continuously.
- Keep stirring until the sooji absorbs all the milk.
- Cook until the mixture forms a lump and separates the pan.
- Cool the mixture slightly and transfer to a large bowl.
- Grease your hand with ghee and knead for at least 2 minutes, or until the dough is smooth and soft.
- Prepare small balls.
- Heat the oil/ghee on medium flame and when the oil/ghee is moderately hot, fry the jamuns.
- Allow the balls to cool for 2 minutes, and drop the hot gulab jamuns into the warm sugar syrup. Else jamuns won’t absorb the syrup, results to hard jamuns.
- Soak in sugar syrup and rest for 2 hours.
- Finally, the suji gulab jamun has doubled in size. Serve warm with ice cream or cold.