DJ Set-Up Comes In Contact With Live Wire While Idol Immersion; One Dies, 3 Others Critical

206

Jajpur: A man was electrocuted to death while three others sustained critical injuries when a DJ set-up came in contact with live electric wire during the Lord Ganesh idol immersion procession at Phuladi village under Dharmasala police limits in Jajpur district last night.

The deceased was identified as Subhankar Ojha of Gopalpur village under Kuakhia police limits.

According to reports, the incident occurred nearby Betanda village while taking the idol in a procession. However, the DJ set-up touched a high voltage electric wire, leaving four of them critically injured.

They were rescued and rushed to the Dharmasala Community Health Centre, where Subhankar was declared dead by doctor.

The three others were shifted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack for better treatment, said sources.

Comments are closed.

Breaking